Friday, September 28, 2018

AFRICA, EC

   I really like these pictures that are on the Africa page. The pictures of the animals are so clean. I especially like the lion photos and the one with the male and female. I enjoy the still shots of animals a lot.
Image result for nick brandt lions
   this photo I like because of the ground it is on and the expression on the elephants faces. It is an expression that I like, because I like how elephants act and how they are so peaceful.
  
 The rule of photography in this pic is balance. The image is mirrored and has the same amount of elephant on both sides.

   He used the Pentax 67II camera, various lenses and film. This is important because it helps him with the focus and being able to stay far away from the dangerous animals.

  frustrated that he could not capture on film his feelings about and love for animals in east africa, he realized there was a way to achieve this through photography.

  his hope for taking these photos is that people will realize how beautiful these animals are and that they wont destroy their homes.

 "The speed of development in this part of Africa reminds me of what I have seen in one other place in the world: China"

   His newest focus in photography is to let people know of the animals who live in the area they destroyed and are tearing up.

   He puts the photos of the animals he took before the rubble and construction happened.

   I guess the effect of this is that he make people aware of what they're doing and to create more awareness. 

   My feelings on these photos are iffy, I like the animal photos and i guess the construction puts them away from their habitat, but maybe the construction is good for people who need homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment