Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Great B&W Photographers Part 3

   The sweat drenched face of the man in the middle caught my eye first because its big and front and center. I chose this picture because i like how it tells a story of the hard working men in the war, perhaps Vietnam War.



In this photo,

I see a hard working man. A tired, and perhaps brave or even afraid man. I see the black smoke from an explosion mixed with the dirt it kicked up with it.
Image result for w eugene smith war photographsI smell the fresh gun smoke and gunpowder coming off the barrel of the guns around me. I smell the dirty men around me, especially the ones who haven't taken a shower in weeks. I smell the nearby ocean breeze as well.
I hear the loudness of the gunshots in the distance. I hear soldiers            talking and chattering in front of me as I quiver and shake,                        walking slowly behind them. I hear battle cries and shouting far              off.
          I taste the saltiness from the ocean breeze (if they're by one). I                  taste the muggy water that got dropped in the dirt a couple of                    times. I taste the breakfast i had hours ago, still in my teeth.
          I feel the heat of the sun beating down on my face and shoulders.            I feel the sweat going down my face. I feel scared of going into                battle knowing of certain death.


 chose this picture because i like the mystery of what he is looking at behind him. The thing that caught my eye is the cigarette hanging out his mouth and the expression he has on his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment